Friday, June 26, 2009

Disappointed

So my multiple calls to Rep. Bean's office availed naught.

More disappointing was the fact that Rep. Mark Kirk (R)voted in favor of HR 2454. Kirk has been moving decidedly left in recent years, notably on issues like embryonic stem cell research, which he supports.

I campaigned for Kirk last November. I drove a little old lady to the polls on election day so she could vote for him, and I worked the phones late into the day (ostensibly I was working the phones for the GOP ticket, but the Lake County GOP headquarters was basically just Kirk central this last election. I will reserve my feelings for the joke that it the Lake County Republican Party for another post). I am exceedingly disappointed in Kirk for the manner in which he has returned the favor to the people who supported him. I will be lending him zero support next year.

No comments: