Wednesday, September 10, 2008

And yet..

And yet, the Cubs are still 4.5 ahead of Milwaukee.

Many people are fearful that this is 1969 all over again.

It's not. It's 2007.

The Brewers are handing--HANDING us a playoff berth. And it's driving me nuts. If I read one more article telling me to relax, that it's a virtual lock for the Cubs to make the playoffs...I guess I'll be that much more annoyed.

A virtual lock is no lock at all. And I don't want the Wild Card. I want to steamroll the remaining very beatable teams that we have yet to face.

Pinella exploded to the press yesterday. Good. Not good enough. Explode to the players. Tell Soto that he doesn't deserve rookie of the year if he can't bunt. Tell DLee that he makes too much money to hit into double plays when a sac fly will win the game. Tell Zambrano that he's a spoiled punk kid who doesn't deserve to be a bat boy, until he can get his behavior under control, and henceforth and until further notice, his new nickname is "diapers." Scream at 'em. Break some stuff. Bruce Kimm, the interim manager when Don Baylor was fired, had more fire in his belly than Lou has. Enough of this.

No comments: