Friday, August 15, 2008

GING Chapter 8: New Testament

I was prepared to take Hitchens to task for his rather slovenly and ill informed assault on the New Testament, but I happened to recall that a rather smart joe named Mark D. Roberts debated Hitchens on Hugh Hewitt's radio program and subsequently tore GING a new one at his blog. And I figured, why go to all that trouble to post when somebody else has already done the work far better than I could?

Dr. Roberts may not be the best person to rebut a genius like Hitchens, seeing as how only got his PhD in New Testament from this podunk little university called Harvard, but he still does an admirable job.

Note: the links below are only a portion of Roberts' blog entries on this subject, and they come in somewhere in the middle. Therefore, what I'm calling Part 1 is actually Part 3 of his posts on GING.

Here's part 1 of his rebuttal of Hitchens
Here's part 2
Here's part 3
Here's part 4
Here's part 5

No comments: