Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Heart Ozzie

I can't help myself. Even though he's the Palehose skipper I just love Ozzie Guillen. His remarks on Jay Mariotti's departure from the Sun Times, taken from the same paper:


''Am I enjoying this? Yes, because he tried to make my life miserable. He did everything in his power to make my life go the wrong way, but he didn't make me miserable because I don't believe him. Maybe if somebody else wrote that stuff about me, then I would put attention on it. And that's what he wanted. He wanted attention. He has to thank me because I gave him a lot of [stuff] to work with. I know I helped him the last four years to make his money, and, obviously, he did not help me at all to make my money.''

Just an aside: I always thought Mariotti was a self aggrandizing jerk (who was nonetheless an interesting read), but I am astounded by the volume of the hatred for that man that is still reverberating throughout Northern Illinois. Everyone is coming out of the woodwork to take their digs.

No comments: