Sunday, March 1, 2009

Wall O' Star Wars

My sons' room was recently repainted by my stunning bride and her mom. My wife had the great idea of letting the boys paint whatever they wanted on the closet wall. The older boy had no preference, and the younger one of course wanted Star Wars.

So my son and I spent the weekend painting Star Wars characters on the wall, and during the moments that I managed to suppress my staggering anal retentiveness we had a lot of fun. The boy is a burgeoning artist and it was a delight to watch him go to town with a paintbrush. I learned a lot of things about myself through this process, not the least of which being that I am completely incapable of painting a depiction of Luke Skywalker that is anything like masculine.

We'll add color to some of these next weekend, but here are the black and white outlines.


Here were some of the first characters we painted: Luke Skywalker, Kit Fisto and Han Solo. Kit is sporting the latest in amorphous lightsaber technology.

Yeah my left shoulder is twice as broad as my right. You got a problem with that?

Yeah. Let's just not comment on this one.

Here are Darth Vader, a Stormtrooper and Asajj Ventress. I painted the Stormtrooper and was rather pleased how it turned out. My son took one look at the stormtrooper, berated me for leaving the poor fellow incomplete, and the promptly painted him a set of Y-fronts.

A goat's hoof, my left arm appears to be.

I find my chicken legs...disturbing

Meanwhile, Chewbacca showed up.

One of the side effects of Darth Maul's legs graft was an affliction the doctors referred to as "melon head."

Boba Fett with stylin' Dr. Doom style cape

Hey, check it out--new deodorant!

Okay, bad guy group hug!

Dude, I saw her first! NOT. COOL.

Class picture

No comments: