Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Profile in Cowardice



Over the past two weeks, I've been calling my Congresswoman, Melissa Bean's office to inquire as to when she will be holding a town hall. I've pretty much called every day since the recess began.

An enterprising teenager could make a really boss drinking game out of the responses I've received.

"uh..." 1 shot

"we're still working on her schedule..." 2 shots

"let me take down your information..." 3 shots

"we'll be sure to get back to you..." 4 shots and a jäger bomb.

So, I just learned that Rep Bean will be holding a "tele-townhall" tomorrow night. Needless to say, I did not come by this information as a result of someone "getting back to me," but because once again, I called them.

Really, Melissa? A conference call? Even after the President has announced his majestic back pedal on the "public option?" You're still too afraid to meet with us face to face?

Supposedly, I'm going to receive a call tomorrow night around 8:30pm CST that will connect me with the meeting. We'll see if they call. The staffer on the phone got a little testy with me when I brought up that $25 per plate "townhall" that Michelle Malkin reported a few days ago. I may have earned myself a spot on the "accidentally forget to call" list.

If they do call, I will live tweet.

No comments: