Monday, June 30, 2008

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow...

...Praise Him, all creatures here below
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

God, for the sake of His own glory (it must have been, for I've been an absolute wretch today (as is my wont)) reminded me how merciful and compassionate--how truly good He is today. I deserved, and deserve, to be squished like a mosquito and He instead provided a very real, timely and practical reminder of His great love. There are no words to describe that massive disconnect. Suffice it to say, merely typing the words "I" and "deserve wrath" in the same sentence are redundant. It's in these moments of recognition that the love of God is all the more dumbfounding.

I am in awe. I'll never get used to this.

No comments: